Hey babes! A lot of you have the same questions, so here are the answers!
What is the purpose of Pretty pH? What exactly is “pH”?
The purpose of Pretty pH is to restore the balance of the vaginal pH.
Lets break it down a lil more! Your pH measures the acid and base balance. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral. A pH less than 7 is acidic, while a pH greater than 7 is alkaline aka basic. A normal vaginal pH is between 3.8 and 4.5, a little acidic. That helps to keep yeast and bacteria in check. When your pH isn’t balanced, the most common symptoms can be an unpleasant odor, discharge, and itchiness!
What things can throw off my pH?
- That time of the month (aka your period)
- Any scented product: soaps, powders, wipes, sprays, etc. - stay away from these girl!
- Antibiotics - you might notice after you take certain meds you start smelling a lil funky, its because the antibiotics get rid of ALL bacteria, including the bacteria you need to keep a balanced pH
- Douching - don't do it babe! This is an old school way of "cleaning the cooch" that ultimately cleans away the good bacteria you need, then causing you to get smelly later.
- Exercise and Sweat
Boric Acid!? That sounds scary! Is it safe?
Yes girl, its totally safe! Boric Acid is an all natural colorless and odorless crystal. It is found naturally from the earth. The word “acid” may sound scary, but there are many different ranges of acids. Boric Acid is a weaker acid and is safe for vaginal use. Pretty pH suppositories were created with the assistance of a APRN, NP-C, CNM, CPN and made in an FDA registered facility to ensure cleanliness and safety! So you're good with us!
How do I use Pretty pH?
It's super easy! Insert 1 Pretty pH suppository into your vagina as needed. To insert the suppository, wash and dry your hands, use your fingers (or one of our applicators) to insert the suppository into the vagina a comfortable amount so that it will not have the chance to slip out. That’s it! Your body heat will start to dissolve the capsule and it will start getting the job done!
I have more discharge than I usually do, is this normal after using Pretty pH?
YES! Totally normal. The capsules dissolve and you will experience some discharge. We suggest using a panty liner after insertion.
How long should I use Pretty pH?
You can use Pretty pH as little as 1 day, or up to 14 days. It's based on your needs babe. If after using Pretty pH you still haven’t noticed a difference, please contact your physician.
Can I use Pretty pH while on my period?
We suggest using Pretty pH right when your period is ending. That way there isn't too much blood present to continue throwing off your pH.
Can I take Pretty pH orally?
NO GIRL! Pretty pH is meant to be inserted vaginally ONLY. If swallowed get medical attention or call the poison control center (1-800-222-1222) immediately.
Can I have sex while using Pretty pH?
No babe. Avoid having sex until the suppository is completely dissolved.
Is Pretty pH vegan?
Yass! We use a veggie capsule.
What are some tips to keep my kitty cat healthy outside of using Pretty pH?
- Lots of water! Work your way up to a galloon a day!
- A healthy diet low in sugar
- A daily probiotic supplement
- Fragrance free soaps and wipes
- 100% cotton or cotton lined panties